ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy sets forth guidelines relating to the types of content that you may upload to the Web servers under your Agreement with CanTrust Hosting Co-operative for Web hosting services (the “Services”). CanTrust Hosting may remove any materials that, in its sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject it to liability, or which may violate this Acceptable Use Policy. CanTrust Hosting Co-operative will cooperate with legal authorities in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong arising from any use of the Services. Your violation of this Acceptable Use Policy may result in the suspension or termination of either your access to the Services and/or your account or other actions as detailed in the Service Hosting Agreement.
The following constitute violations of this Acceptable Use Policy:
- Using the Services to transmit or post any material that contains or contains links to nudity, pornography, adult content, sex, or extreme violence.
- Using the Services to transmit or post any material that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
- Using the Services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- Using the Services to transmit or post any material that harasses, threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Using the Services to make fraudulent misrepresentations or offers including but not limited to offers relating to “pyramid schemes” and “Ponzi schemes.”
- Using the Services to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of CanTrust Hosting Co-operative or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data.
- Using the Services to transmit or post any material that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying and/or distribution of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, music, video, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Using the Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Reselling the Services without the prior written authorization of CanTrust Hosting Co-operative.
- Using the Services for any activity that adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use the Services or the Internet. This includes but is not limited to “denial of service” (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment is prohibited.
Reporting of Violations of This Acceptable Use Policy
CanTrust Hosting Co-operative requests that anyone who believes that there has been a violation of this Acceptable Use Policy to immediately send an e-mail message detailing such violations to email@example.com.
Revisions to This Acceptable Use Policy
CanTrust Hosting Co-operative may revise, amend, or modify this Acceptable Use Policy at any time and in any manner.